Friday, August 31, 2007

I've Been Experimented On

This week my roomate asked me if I wouldn't mind being experimented on. I said, "sure, why not." Her mom works in a Doctor's clinic that also utilizes varying degrees of homeopathic remedies, as well as issuing the normal drug perscriptions.

One of the homeopathic tools they use is acupuncture. Now don't get excited, I didn't have acupuncture performed on me. Her mom, Carrie, is a nurse, and she needed to practice a new computer program that utilizes the acupuncture points in your hands and feet to determine the strength and health of the energy levels flowing through the various parts of your body.

Now, I'm generally a bit of a sceptic when it comes to homeopathic remedies, etc., but this was really cool. In one hand I held a kind of wet metal rod, and with the other Carrie placed a kind of pointer-energy-reader-thing on the various points of my hand that indicate specific "energy" systems. Now, I was feeling pretty miserable Wednesday because I had a nasty cough and some awful head congestion, and this instrumentation picked up on it exactly.

It measured my lungs, nose, and upper sinus energy systems as all being weakened/stressed. Pretty cool, huh? Carrie explained to me, that a researcher in acupuncture had created the program, and he researched all over the world and analyzed and reanalyzed this computer program until he felt confident that he had it right, and it seems pretty right to me.

After they analyze your system, this information gets sent to another program, and it determines which system should be treated first to benefit your body the most. Interestingly enough, the system chose my chemical allergies system first. Carrie explained that it didn't choose the upper sinuses or the lungs because it could tell that these were only temporary stresses caused by my cold, and the allergies was a more chronic weakness.

So next comes the drops test. They have this vast supply of homeopathic drops, and they go through and determine which drops would help revitalize the weakend system. The system said that I needed the Childhood Vaccinations drops. Apparently, a lot of people's bodies respond to childhood vaccinations negatively, and this causes allergic reactions to some chemicals because of lingering side-effects. These drops are supposed to counter-balance the effectiveness of such negative side-effects. Isn't it fascinating? I'm going to go in for more practice/experimentation in a couple of weeks, and we'll see what happens to my system after I've taken the drops for this two week period.

I've never had so much fun being someone's guinea pig.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a cool test be be part of! I wonder how a pregnant ladies hand would read?

Unknown said...

If anyone asked my if I would be experiemented on, I seriously doubt that i could respond with such sangfroid. Hey, Prudence, did I get the spelling right?

The Silly Witch said...

That sounds so interesting!

Shnykeez said...

I too am skeptical about homeopathic stuff so it should be interesting to see if it works. Keep us up to date plz.
-M

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/6-tempat-waxing-terbaik-di-jakarta

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.