Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Cure for Boredom

Boredom is a condition characterized by perception of one's environment as dull, tedious, and lacking in stimulation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boredom . If I thought boredome was going to be a problem for me this summer, I was definitely mistaken. It was really fun actually.

Last weekend at about 9:30 am Saturday I got a phone call from my friend Jolene who explained that one of our mutual friends needed to get her yard cleaned up asap or risk getting fined by the City of Hyrum. She lives in her grandma's house and her uncles and aunts are supposed to be responsible for the yard's upkeep, but that hadn't happened yet, and the city was getting a little impatient, so Missy Kissy to the Rescue! After calling as many people as I know that live in the Logan area I headed off to the sight to see what damage we could undo.

The support of friends and even a few strangers was awesome. All in all throughout the day we probably had about 15 people who came and went according to the time they were able to spare.

I've had some other fun activities throughout the summer as well: an awesome camping/rock-climbing/mountain biking trip up to Rock City, in Idaho, one wonderful week with my family in Montana (I love you guys!), and a lot of fun morning and afternoons biking around the Logan area.

This weekend I had hoped to be camping once again up in Idaho, but alas! instead of celebrating my finally being done with my City of Logan job, duty called me to finish up transcription work on the research project up on campus for my other job. It took four hours, but halleluah it's done. There'll be a lot more of it next week, though, we're going to be out in the schools doing prescreening. I'm so excited! This'll be my first chance to earn real clinic hours and gain some hands on practical experience.

The week after next? School begins again...no, my life certainly has no room for boredom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no room for bordome at all! But the only realy cure for boredom in your perception as you just so effectively described. Life is so FUN!

Unknown said...

I can never remember a time when you were bored. When there are no activities, you are always reading or something.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/10-manfaat-cangkang-telur

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.