Friday, August 31, 2007

What Grad School is all About

Wow! I made it through my first week of Grad school, and I'm already grateful for a three day weekend. There's just so much to do, and so little time to do it. You know, I've always thought that I've been a pretty disciplined person in grad school, but there's a whole new level to be learned.

I'm really excited for the Clinic aspect of everything, and mildly terrified of all the course work and extra studying that's going to be involved. I not only have to pass my classes now, but I must also pass certification in specific areas within the class to become certified by ASHA (the American Speech and Hearing Association). Wow! Talk about the nitty gritty. I also have to fulfill a specific number of clinical hours in individual areas.

My best approach is going to be to plan like crazy, and take it a day at a time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Day by day! Cause if you try and live more than one day at once you could get really overwhelmed!

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.