Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fifty Things About Me


One of my favorite blogs from the Silly Witch is when she listed her "50 Things About Me". I had so much fun reading it that I hope you will enjoy mine half as much as I enjoy hers.


1. My favorite form of exercise is biking riding. I love to ride my bike. I once rode to Salt Lake from Provo, and it was so fun! One of my goals for next summer is to ride in one of the long distance bicycle runs.

2. I've only weeded my garden once this year, and it's thriving.

3. My favorite dessert is vanilla ice cream with fresh rasberries and hot fudge.


4. I sometimes think that at the end of my life, my tombstone will read: "Jack of all trades, master of none." I have a tendency to start projects and leaving them hanging for an indefinite period of time (scrapbooking, an exercise routine, blogging, etc.). I think this is the reason that I never made the Volleyball team. I really do enjoy the sport, I was just never willing to put the time into become a "master".


5. My favorite color to wear is blue.


6. My favorite color to decorate with is green.


7. Despite the fact that I have been home from my mission for over a year, I still tend to think of the day when I clean up the house and do laundry (it's usually a Saturday), as P-day.


8. I love children's books. Last year one of my professors informed me that it was essential to collect good children's literature for your clinic. I was thrilled with the news. One of my favorites: the Skippy John Jones collection.


9. I'm a girl who likes "happily ever after" movies and books. If I don't think it's going to have a happy ending I don't watch it or read it. The one exception to this rule is the seventh Harry Potter. I wasn't sure if it was going to have a happy ending, but I took my chances and read it any way.


10. I love to cook. I never feel like I have time for it, but I enjoy it when I can.


11. My favorite room in a house is a kitchen...of course it's got to have lots of windows and light like my parent's home in Montana, and the house I'm currently residing at.


12. I enjoy driving cars, especially stick-shifts. I was terrified to learn how, I think it was because I couldn't trust it if I didn't understand how it worked. I took a consumer mechanics course my senior year in high school, and I haven't been afraid of anything with a motor in it since then.


13. I love yoga. I was introduced to it by a roomate down at the Y, and I've enjoyed it ever since.


14. My most important attribute is that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and His true gospel restored to the earth in these latter-days.


15. I've wondered for years what lentils look like, and I finally found out this week.
16. I speak spanish. This week I've been out in the schools in Ogden, and I've had the chance to talk with a lot of Hispanic parents. It has been so much fun, and I've been able to rev-up my skills a bit, as they've been getting a bit rusty.
17. My favorite hymn is "How Firm a Foundation." It has a great melody and hopeful words, I can't help but be happy when I hear it and sing it.
18. Don't ask me who someone famous is, I simply won't know. I was traveling down to Ogden with one of my professors and he thought he'd try the radio quiz game, to see which artists I recognized. I laughed and told him he was wasting his time...I simply don't know or care.
19. I play the piano. It's one of the most soothing and satisfying activities on the planet.
20. One of my goals: Before I turn thirty I'm going to ride in a hot-hair balloon.
21. I just started grad school on Monday, and I'm going to be VERY busy.
22. I have the best parents in the world, I'd nominate them for best parents of the year, but they'de hate to become famous.
23. I had to purchase liability insurance this month...wierd.
24. I'm a morning person. There's nothing in the world as refreshing as a cool morning breeze...except possibly a pleasant evening breeze after a hard days work.
25. A friend of mine who's an obsessive shopper, is moving to Chicago, and I just inherited a beautiful portion of her clothing. I don't think I've ever dressed so well.
26. My favorite breakfast cereal is Frosted Mini Wheats, I could eat them every single day of the week for breakfast and be perfectly content.
27. If I could eat out at an restaurant in the City of Logan, I would choose the Old Grist Mill. They have the yummiest tuna sandwhiches that I have ever tasted.
28. I drive a Toyota Camry. It's a great car, and I'm not sure I ever want to drive anything else.
29. I'm taking an Institute class on Studying the Scriptures. Because I'm a morning person I'm taking it at 7:30 in the morning. It's fabulous!
30. I like playing Scrabble. I've only ever played it with my family, and I don't recall ever winning a single game.
31. I've always wanted to get a professional full-body massage. It seems soooo relaxing.
32. I don't have any tonsils.
33. According to a teamwork test I took today, in a group situation I'm considerate and direct...does that seem like a slight oxymoron to anyone else?
34. I would love to be organized, but life always seems to happen before I get to that point.
35. I agree with the Silly Witch...ill fitting sheets are extremely irritating. If you buy twin sheets during the college sale time, you have to be extra careful not to purchase the extra long ones that they're saling because of all the freshman in the dorms who sleep on extra long beds.
36. According to the color code test I'm mostly white and blue.
37. I love being silly.
38. My favorite TV Show is Psych.
39. I'd like to live in Montana someday. John Steinbeck called it "the last best place," and I think he's absolutely right.
40. I used to be scared of disabled people. I'm taking a class to learn about them right now, and I'm gradually learning a better perspective and a lot more respect for them.
41. I speak Spanish. I learned to speak it in New Jersey, where I served as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saits.
42. Serving a mission was one of the best experiences of my life. It cemented the testimony of truth I already had, and I still constantly draw from my experiences during it. On September 29th it will be 3 years exactly since I entered the MTC.
43. I've never broken a bone in my body, I've bent one, though. I fell out of a treehouse when I was little and I got what's called a greenstick fracture. I fell out of the tree house because I slipped coming down the ladder. If my memory serves me correctly I believe I slipped because I was wearing my Sunday dress shoes. Little girls are so silly, and I was no exception.
44. I've had stitches (for things other than surgery) twice. Once I cut my finger open on a can of chili...I wouldn't let Dad take me into the hospital until he retied my Sunday dress. Once when I was playing ping-pong (also on a Sunday). Long story short: be careful capturing a ping pong ball from under a staircase when the staircase is made of metal. I had steri-strips on my chin once from a bike accident, and when I wrinkle my chin you can see the scar.
45. I loved to write stories when I was little. I once made it to the state level in reflections for a story I wrote. The only pieces I've written in the last few years, are school essays, and one poem I wrote on my mission. It's entitled, The Tag by Sister Kristy Colleen Price:
It first carried an orange dot
In a significant spot,
Announcing I was quite green
To the missionary scene.
Later on I carried two.
One seen only by the few
Hurrying on to hearth and home
Mid the nasty winter storms.
Th' other pinned to my sweater
Displayed a little better
To the ones who truly know
Why we two tramp thru the snow.
Summer comes in a short while--
Hard work missionary style
Sees the color slightly fade:
Hot sun? No matter, faith saved.
Carried for over a year,
It has seen its share of tears.
Scratches, it has a few.
Bent in service: living true.
But the most important part,
Why it's placed over my heart,
A name writ on the third line.
He's your Savior. He is mine.
46. The only reason I can write a well-written paper today is my mother. She proofread all my essays in High School, and I learned it all from her!
47. I love music from film scores, especially the orchestral parts. My roomate my last three years at BYU was a contemporary music composition major, and she introduced me to the joys of film scores.
48. I'm a research assisant right now, and a couple of our projects are in the final process right now. I never thought I could get excited over research data, but I am! I can't wait to witness the final results.
49. I'm a twin, a younger sister, an older sister, and a daughter. I've been blessed with a perspective of my immediate family from almost every angle, and I still learn something new from my siblings and parents every single time I talk to them: you're all amazing.
50. Even though I try and count my blessings, I can't. There are just far too many of them to number.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Missy Kissy! Thank you for sharing stuff about yourself. I look forward to reading more

The Silly Witch said...

So far so good. I'm waiting for your next thirty.

Unknown said...

You are a very interesting person. I loved the poem. You have been a good writer whether I helped you or not. It's in the genes.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/7-merk-hand-and-body-lotion-terbaik

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.