Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Best Part About Parent Teacher Conferences

Last week I got to travel down to Ogden and help translate Spanish/English for the parent teacher conferences. It was really fun, and I had a great time being able to help out, but the funniest part was listening to all of the stories that parents shared with the teachers:

One teacher mentioned to a parent that her child had mentioned that they'd lost their cat. The parent said, "Oh yes, we looked high and low for that cat, inside and outside the house. We knew that the cat had been sick so we were afraid that it had died somewhere inside the house." Okay, so yes ew, gross.

They eventually found the cat A WEEK after they had started searching for it. One of the kids lifted up the cushions on the sofa and looked under only to discover the cat there. Apparently the family has several other pets that roam freely about the house as well.

I don't know if I would ever admit to something like that happening in my house, and I can gaurentee that the sofa would have left the house along with the cat. Yuck! You know what, though? Teachers have some of the best stories I've ever heard!

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

Okay, that is totally gross. It's so gross, but how could you NOT admit it? I mean it's a fascinating conversation piece.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.