Saturday, January 7, 2012

What Do You Do in 65 Degree Weather in January in MT?

POST PICTURES OF SUMMER

Last Summer was so much fun, that I didn't take time to take pictures. Thanks to my friends with cameras and facebook, I can steal a few pictures and place them here.

Theresa, Charlee, and I had a delightful adventure traveling to the October General Conference. We lost our way and went two hours out of our way, but safely made it to my Auntie's house! We listened to the Saturday morning conference on the grounds a temple square near the Tabernacle, and then enjoyed great seats near the front of the Conference Center in the afternoon. Our adventures included at this point: eating at a restaurant who brought the food at snail's pace and charged three times as much as it was worth, then receiving a meal that wasn't cooked all the way through (Theresa), trying to run in high heels, because we worried about being late, eating yummy Chinese food afterwords, limping (me, in shoes that chaffed) around the shopping mall and discovering that there was absolutely nothing worth buying there, and at last enjoying the Deseret Book Store that had things we actually wanted to purchase, spending way to much time...and possibly way too much money there, and traveling back to Springville late that evening.

Sunday morning was fun at Aunt C's place. I made waffles and we all piled into the family room and watched Conference in a much more relaxed state of being. The Charlee's car had an unfortunate glitch, with the check engine light coming on, but fortunately for us Uncle D had a engine light checker/reading-thing-a-ma-bob, and we were able to figure out that it wasn't anything alarming and we could still make it safely back to MT. This time, we traveled the right direction, enjoyed General Conference on the radio, and returned well entertained (mostly by our hilarious selves) and spiritually fed. There's nothing quite like General Conference at the Conference Center.


We couldn't have asked for a nicer day to listen to Conference outdoors.

Saturday Afternoon Session...I'm pretty sure the Apostles were waving right at me :)

Our Evening at the temple was snap decision detour, and really wonderful (except for my aching feet).

There's no better way to travel than with to fun, funny, fantastic friends. We're already making plans for our next Summer's adventures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! Next summer you should visit glacier with me!

Unknown said...

Do you suppose the SLC restaurants gouge people by raising prices during conference?

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.