Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fourth of July and Other Summer Fun

I've only been to Yellowstone National Park once before, so it was fun to spend the day there. What I realized about the park this time, though, is that you really can't see it all in one day. We spent most of the day in the car, so I'm glad that we could still take in the beautiful scenery, even if it was behind glass for a good portion of it. What we saw of it out of the car was great, though. We ate lunch in Cooke City, Charlee and Theresa got shirts that were misspelled "Cookie" City, went hiking around a body of water (I can't in good conscience call it a lake, but it was definitely larger than a pond), rolled the windows down as we drove slowly through a herd of buffalo (I think Trish actually touched or almost touched one), headed to Ol' Faithful and witnessed the explosion, drove around Yellowstone Lake (definitely deserving of the Lake title, SO impressive), and traveled back to Billings in time to pick up friends and see the Laurel City Fireworks Display. 

Trish, Kristy, & Charlee with quite a view!


Now we know what causes earthquakes


 Theresa, our photojournalist of the day, takes advantage of an old telephone booth


Trish's daring attempt to make friends with the buffalo (yes, she did freak me out a little bit!)


Yellowstone Lake with Trish & Charlee...our last stop in the park.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool! Buffalo seem kinds ugly op close. You would think they would comb their hair! :)

Unknown said...

I'd go to Yellowstone more often if it weren't for all the people trying to make friends with bison....

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.