Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rosebud

Did you know there's a town in Montana called Rosebud? I didn't until this week. Charlee, Theresa, and I headed over there yesterday to cheer on one of Charlee's younger sisters while she played basketball. Rosebud is a "blink and you miss it" kind of town. It had a teeny-tiny post office with two regular parking spaces and two handicap parking spaces. The largest building in town was definitely the school where we watched the game. It's located near Colstrip and and Forsyth and boasts less than 3000 people living there. I would never want to live there. Western, MT really is much prettier than Eastern.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not only prettier, western Montana is was settled before eastern Montana. In the 1860's people settled the western part of the state because of the gold mining. The eastern part was settled more in the late 1800's and early 1900's and was more farming oriented.

My Dad called places like Rosebud a "wide spot" in the road. 3000 people sounds like a stretch to me for population.

The Silly Witch said...

I love the mountains of Montana, but I'm sure I could grow to love eastern Montana, too.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.