Sunday, July 5, 2009

When you get a life will you...?

A short while ago, I visited Prudence. While I was there, her oldest daughter asked me if I was going to stay. I replied that I was taking a vacation but soon I would need to get on with my life and get a job and find a new place to live. Several days later, she surprised me by saying, "When you get a life, will you have a husband?" Through out the course of my visit these questions persisted: "When you get a life, will you have a dog?" "When you get a life will you live with Grandma?" "When you get a life, will you have children?"

I returned to Montana and tearfully left my sister and her family behind in Japan. I was delighted, though, when I found out that they had opted to vacation at my parents house and I would still be here. I had forgotten those questions, until my sweet niece came up to me and asked conversationally, "Do you have a life yet?"

My answer to her today would be: Well, my dear, I'm definitely making strides! Two weeks ago I was offered a job in Thompson Falls, MT and I've accepted the position. I can't tell you how excited I am! On Thursday Mom and I took the 3 1/2 hour trip over there, admired the scenery, explored a little tourist shop, and went apartment hunting. I've found myself the nicest little apartment there.

Here it is, as Lisa said when I showed her this picture, "It looks like the outside of an apartment building."

Here's my front room. I've got a little propane fireplace in the corner there.

Behold my kitchen, huge isn't it?

I've got the nicest little porch in the back. I don't have to do any of the yard maintenance, so I can just sit back and admire the view. I can't wait to get my swing from Mexico set up out there!

It comes with a washer & dryer. Hurray!

That's the Clark Fork River. Pretty, huh?

The church is just a couple of blocks down from my apartment.

Thompson Falls is one of five towns I'll be working in.

Here's the Jeep that I'll be driving around in.

And here's the view from the Elementary School.

It's beautiful isn't it? I feel so fortunate to be living in such a beautiful place with a comfortable home, and family that's not too far away! Thanks for accompanying me on this little tour of my soon to be new home. :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember, living in Montana means having nine months of winter and three months of company.

Unknown said...

Actualy the trip over was 4 hours due to road construction. We left at *:30 a.m. and didn't get back 'til 7:30 p.m.

MT Missy said...

I'm looking forward to the visits!!!! I even have a guest bedroom. :) and if you don't all fit there, I have a big living room.

Deon said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful area that you will be living in.

Rachael said...

Love the apartment, love the jeep, love the back porch, love the lake and love the views. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congrats on the new job AND the apartment!!!

Evan said...

Kristy that is so awesome! Congrats! I might just have to come and visit you sometime

Unknown said...

Hurray! yup, I may have to visit too!

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.