Sunday, January 16, 2011

Teaching in Spanish

On Thursday and today I got to teach in Spanish! It's been a long time since I've had a decent conversation with anyone who speaks Spanish, and I really enjoyed it. The family I taught is from Michoacán, Mexico. They are so nice and humble. Antonio and Maria think I'm hilarious...probably because I just keep talking, even though I'm sure I don't always say things quite right. I arrived late for the visit tonight because it's pouring buckets and I was visit teaching and couldn't exit politely as I had planned. Right as I walked in the door Antonio said that they'd have to put me in the corner as punishment for my tardiness. Too funny! Antonio used to be a logger, but after a very serious accident he hasn't been able to work much, because he's no longer allowed to do any heavy lifting and his hands have always been his livelihood. He's had very little formal education and is anxious that his four children receive a really good education, because he hopes for the best for them. Maria is quiet and kind and laughs a lot. It's so nice to meet good people (and brush up on my Spanish)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are so lucky to meet you!

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.