Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving, My Favorite Holiday

I love the feeling of gratitude that pervades throughout the entire week leading up to Thanksgiving. Today we had three fabulous talks about thanksgiving. There's a great intangible feeling of hope, love, and happiness that accompanies gratitude. I have an abundance of things to be grateful for:

My family
My education
Good friends I've made in Logan
So many happy memories
Excellent Professors, Teachers, and Mentors
Graduating in May!
Spending Thanksgiving with my Parents, Brother, and Grandma
Having most of my big assignments due before Thanksgiving (rather than after it)
A great ward of fantastic young single adults
The Savior, Jesus Christ, and His infinite atonement
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
All the amazing blessings I've received since returning from my mission
And so many other things...my list could go on forever!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree whole-heartedly! It seems that we have to make it a point to celebrate Thanksgiving. We get no encouragement for this holiday as the money changers want to skip directly from Halloween to Christmas. IGuess Thsnkdgiving doean't have enough commercial value to satisfy the retail world. How Tragic it would be to miss out on celebrating Thanksgiving and counting our blessings!

The Silly Witch said...

I like your list. Thanksgiving was one of my favorite holidays growing up, with time spent with you guys and Grandma Latour. I miss it so much!

Unknown said...

Ya, one day a year does not seem adequate. I am so glad that I have the opportunity to pray multiple times in the day so that I can put a little bit more time and attention into recognizing the things that I am thankful for.

Deon said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenn said...

A beautiful post, thank you for sharing!!

Blessings,
Jenn
http://www.LearnHowToMakeHolidayBows.com

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.