Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn Changes

At the schools right now we're doing a Unit on a book called The Apple Pie Tree. It's got a nice little theme to it, talking about how it changes from winter, spring, summer, and fall. I've enjoyed it so much, that I'm going to use it as a language unit for a project I'm doing at school. Learning the changes of seasons is actually part of Utah's curriculum requirements. Kindergarten students are supposed to learn what happens in the outdoors when seasons change, and how people change in response to seasonal changes. It's really interesting to review the grade level curriculum requirements and to realize what it was the teachers were actually trying to teach us. I loved Kindergarten! I had absolutely no idea that my teacher was teaching me. We were learning in a way that had us explore the environment around us. How great it is to be a kid and get to learn about 'seasonal changes'!

Leaves change color in the fall, the earth is covered in snow in the winter, blossoms flourish in the springtime, and the grass grows long and green during the summer. I decided to enjoy a seasonal change myself:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks GREAT Krist! Nice color and the swoopy bangs are chic!

The Silly Witch said...

Cute hair! I'm so glad that you enjoy what you're doing. I think if I was ever a teacher, I would want to teach Pre-K. It's so much fun to see children learn through play.

Deon said...

Cute hair! Jacob is learning about seasons right now in pre-school, it's so much fun to see his excitement.

Unknown said...

I like the new "do." One of my favorite memories is the fall of first grade. It was my first experience with school since we had no kindergarten then. Mrs. Jankowski did a unit on dogs. I also remember the witch I drew that was hung in the classroom too.

Unknown said...

I remember that book. Maren checked it out. Stacy and Becca loved it. It has such good illustrations. I love changing seasons.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.