Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Dog Days of Summer


It's finally starting to warm up and feel like summer time here. A couple of weeks ago Mom and I headed out to Crow Creek falls with a friend, and had a great time. I did not, however, appreciate our dog Max panting on my neck the entire trip up to the trail head. It's easy to forgive a face like that, though.

We braved a horrible hike through dead-fall last week, and this week we're finally going to hike along the one of the trails above Eagle Guard Station, if the 100 degree temperature doesn't keeps us from the trail.

The rest of my week has been spent completing my internship. I've been working at St. Pete's Hospital. The area that I work in doesn't have any windows, but this week I've been enjoying plenty of sunshine and warm weather. I've been biking to and from work. With the newly paved back roads, riding has become decidedly easier. The first day it took me 35 minutes to get to St. Pete's from Montana City and about the same to get back. My speed is progressively improving, though. The next day it took 25 minutes to get there and 30 to get back, and the next couple of days I've cruised through in under 25 minutes both ways. It is so refreshing (although, I do get a bit sweaty) getting a bit of exercise before I start out, not to mention saving on those ridiculous gas prices!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I bet it is a great bike ride! A little bit of sweat never hurt anything!

Rachael said...

The hikes sound wonderful. I always liked hiking there. That is great that it takes you less than 30 min to bike that. I think it would take me forever. Right now it takes me about 50 min to bike home from work. I bought a new bike, that I get tomorrow. The new bike will make me faster, right? Just like new shoes make you run faster. :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there, hikin' partner.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.