Friday, July 13, 2007

Gardening Successes!

Today I was hanging clothes on the line, when I realized I haven't given much heed to my little garden patches as of late. I wandered over to take a peak, and discovered that despite the weeds and the lack of watering it is thriving! There are loads of beautiful looking tomatoes and banana peppers and despite the fact that I haven't thinned anything that needs thinning, the plants are growing bigger and bigger. Do you suppose that plants are like people? ... Adversity only makes them grow stronger.

I don't know for sure about that, therefore, I'm planning to devote my evening tomorrow to ensure their survival. I suppose the Savior is a lot like that in our lives, though. He looks down and says, "hmm, Kissy's been enduring a lot of adversity, and she's grown a lot stronger, but I don't want her to dwindle in the drought, or fall victim to the weeds so I'll spend some time with her tomorrow, and ensure her survival." That is a very comforting thought.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a happy thought! Sometimes I just think, "wow, my sister is so cool." I just did that as I read your blog. You should write a book of inspirational thoughts. I would read it daily

The Silly Witch said...

That's a pretty good analogy. And that's definitely not something I would of thought of while look at my own unweeded garden. Happy Gardening and eat a tomato just for me please.

Prudence said...

I like your new lay out! Hope to see you in August. Fiona and sprout sure are enjoying grandma's garden, so enjoy yours!

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.