Sunday, August 1, 2010

Four Wheelin' & Hiking

What a great way to end my summer fun at home: Mom, Dad, and I went up to the Tizers yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We drove into Tizer Lake, then hiked into Hidden Lake. It was so beautiful I could have stayed there all day....except for the mosquitoes. Of course it wouldn't have been true four wheeling if there hadn't been any rain (fortunately, it didn't last too long), and we discovered a ton of hiking trails. It's a shame you can't access any of them unless you happen to own an off-road vehicle.

We visited a Hidden Lake,
enjoyed the sunshine,

Encountered flowers so beautiful I couldn't resist stealing a few,

Survived mosquitoes so fearsome that they almost tripped Dad.

And avoided being enticed into eating monster mushrooms.

All in all, it was a great adventure.

.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Fun! It appears to be a complete beautiful adventure although it is distinctly lacking a good enough picture of you!

Unknown said...

It's never made sense to me why the Forest Service has trailheads to four or five trails up there and never maintains the road. For many years, the road was so horrible that driving up it was total abuse of a fourwheeler. It's only now that they are taking out dead trees that the road is even passable. And when the timber harvest is done, will they let the road go back to its impassable state? Why have hiking trailheads in a place no one can get to?

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.