Monday, January 25, 2010

Too funny

Today I was working with a little boy who is trying to master the challenging 'r' sounds, and right in the middle of speech he stopped abruptly and said: 'Argh, bad tongue!' and I burst out laughing. He grinned at my laughter and said, 'Well, it's just that my tongue is so unruly.'

Later in the day I was working with a first grader on saying sentences with the tricky 'L' sound in them. He was forming a sentence with the word 'lamb' in it and couldn't think of what to say, so I asked him, 'Who had a little lamb?' To which he responded 'Larry had a little lamb.'

Do you see why I love my job?

For the record, I'm hot. I was working with a little boy with Autism today and he burst out, 'Miss Kristy is so hot!' Oh so good for my self esteem.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

All children are so precious, and I'm glad you recognize the privelege that is yours to have apart in their lives. They sound adorable.

One of the boys in Quinn's preschool group started being able to say his l's properly last week. And it was a little said to see the last remnants of the baby talk go.

Unknown said...

I am glad you like your job. I knew you would. I wish I had thought of this career path when I was going to college.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.