Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mas de Mexico

The Gabriel house is located about 20 minutes outside of Ensenada in Baja, Mexico. The houses we stayed at were in between Ensenada and a little tourist attraction called La Bufadora, or as we affectionately called it, "La Buf".

This is the first house where we stayed



And this is La Bufadora: One of nature's many wonders. As the tide comes in, the waves crash into the crevice of a rock, and the water spews out and up like Old Faithful.
It's mostly just an excuse for vendors to set up shop and barter with the cruise ship tourists that come through this way. The bartering was a lot of fun. We went up to La Bufadora three times, and on the last trip I had a lot of "friends" in the shops who would yell "Kristy, como esta?!"
I was one of the few people who came from Utah State who spoke Spanish, so I was very popular with the Mexican Vendors.
This was the only sight-seeing we did. The majority of our time was spent with the kids.
Oh yeah, and I can't forget to tell you about the Taco Stand...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat a taco in the USA ever again, they just can't compare to the deliciousness of the Tacos we ate every day at lunch.
Mmm...now that's one delicious memory!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great experience! The water spout is super cool. I am glad you posted a picture of the little girl on the trampoline. It is the same girl you told me about, right?

Rachael said...

Looks like a great trip. I bet the kids loved you. Hope to see you this summer.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got to go, but I'm really glad you're back too.

MT Missy said...

Yep, that's the same little girl. That was the first time we heard her make a noise, when she started laughing as I played with her on the trampoline.

About Me

My photo
Wherever I may roam, Montana is my home.